Sunday, May 26, 2013

Start with the End in Mind

A couple of years ago, I was coming home late one night from Prattville.  The kids were asleep in the back of the mini van and I was ready to be home.  I was on a road in-between Enterprise and Troy when I came to a detour.  So I turned and began driving down this country road I had never been on, watching for the next Detour sign.  After Driving for 10 minutes I began to get nervous.  I called Eric for some reassurance.  "Just follow the cars in front of you" So within minutes I came to a 4 way stop.  The First Car went right, the second Car went Straight and the third went left.  That's right the cars in front of me all went different Directions So my plan of following the cars in front of me went out the window!  I immediately break down in tears and stop in the middle of the road.  The next action I took was to CALL MY DAD.  He looked up my location and directed me back to a road I knew.

City Girl Lesson:  Life is full of many different roads but only your destination matters.  It's all about finding your way home.  I remember having a conversation with my Sister in Law, Sherri, about thinking about what we are asking of God when we pray for our children to have qualities such as patience, compassion, humility.  How many of us would pray for  our children to face heartbreak, physical pain, or failure.  No we pray for the end results, if God told us everything we face during a journey we may quit before we start. 
Habakkuk 1:5 Look at the nations and watch and be utterly amazed.  For I am going to do something in your days that you would no believe even if you were told.
 This week has been one of Joy and Grief in our family.  Colton, our oldest nephew, graduated high school and Eric's Granny Galloway passed away.  Colton is just beginning to decide what road he will blaze down while Granny is enjoying her final destination.  
I recently found a letter she wrote during a wedding shower
When Eric complains about the burnt toast tell him you learned how from Granny Galloway.  When you can't find the car keys tell him you also learned that from Granny Galloway.  You may lose anything and burn all the food just don't lose your love or your trust in God.

What a wonderful heritage of faith!  No matter what roads you travel or how many times you get lost.  Remember WHO holds the map.  For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  Jeremiah 29:11

3 comments:

  1. This Lovely picture of Granny Galloway was taken by my Sister Nicole. Her Talents have been a great blessing to me. This photo was taken at a Tea in Montgomery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this one, Magen! Life is full of these bittersweet times. May we always be able to enjoy them and keep the end in mind! I miss Granny, and now Colton, so very much! But how bleak my life would have been without them. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you too! I know Colton being gone is a New journey for you, please keep a journal because I will need plenty of advice when it is my boys turn :)

    ReplyDelete